Family Law Solicitors in Mansfield
Phillips Solicitors offer expert advice from our accredited specialists regarding family law in Mansfield.
Whether you are experiencing problems with Social Services or with making arrangements for residence or contact with children, we can offer advice and solutions with or without the benefit of legal aid at either of our offices.
If you need protection from domestic violence or harassment we can help you obtain injunctions.
As divorce solicitors, we also offer a fixed fee divorce service and professional advice in respect of financial arrangements either on separation and divorce or in contemplation of marriage or civil partnership.
As family solicitors based in Mansfield, with a wealth of knowledge and experience, you can be sure that at every stage we will be putting your interests first.
Do you need a Family Law Solicitor in Mansfield?
For a good few years, we have been working with clients in Mansfield to help them with their family law issues.
With a history of providing expert advice regarding family matters, including divorce, here at Phillips Solicitors we utilise our considerable expertise to make sure that you receive the very best service possible throughout your time with us.
Whatever your legal requirements are, we have the family law solicitors to aid you with your situation.
Our family law solicitors belong to our family law team that provide the people of Mansfield with assistance regarding family matters, whether it be problems with Social Services, child contact or divorce & separation.
Our family lawyers are extremely trained as well as experienced, meaning that they are incredibly qualified when it involves handling your situation.
What is a Family Solicitor?
Family Solicitors are responsible for handling legal issues that may arise between family members that cannot be resolved otherwise. They represent clients in court for debatable cases concerning divorce or child access, but also oversee family estates and offer advice on areas such as guardianship or adoption.
What is Family Law?
Family law, often referred to as matrimonial law, is an area of law regarding legal concerns and domestic affairs regarding family members. Most family law issues involve marital, domestic and civil partnerships, in addition to the ending of these relationships, family law also involves such things as:
- Child custody, assistance and visitation rights
- Divorce and annulment
- Residential property and monetary settlements
- Supplementary relief
Other types of family law consist of:
- Child care & protection
- Domestic violence
- Juvenile law
- Pre-nuptial agreements
Whilst some family solicitors elect to specialise, most can handle the broad spectrum of cases that fall within this remit.
What does a Family Solicitor do?
They advise a range of clients, consisting of vulnerable people such as the young and the elderly, on their alternatives and rights, the tasks of a family lawyer can vary significantly from case to case.
However, the essential obligations of a Family Solicitor generally consist of:
- Attempting to solve complex claims and reach settlement beyond court through alternative resolution, i.e. through mediation.
- If no settlement can be reached, continuing the case in court, representing clients and performing all tasks associated with Conflict Resolution or Dispute Resolution.
- Drafting, negotiating and evaluating court files such as witness declarations or pleadings.
- Liaising with a variety of other specialists consisting of doctors, psychologists, social services employees or the Police.
- Researching historic cases that bear similarity to the ongoing files.
- Examining and assessing any evidence that might prove advantageous to the client in question.
- Successfully and empathetically handling mentally unpredictable situations.