Solicitors for Regulatory Offences

There are a number of criminal offences which are investigated and prosecuted by other agencies often referred to as ‘private prosecutions’. 

Call us on 01623 658556 (option 3), or:

Do you need a solicitor for a private prosecution?

Private prosecutions are matters dealt with by agencies that are not the state representative in other words the Police and Crown Prosecution Service.

Agencies that have the powers to investigate and prosecute include:-

  • HMRC
  • DVLA
  • Environment Agency
  • Local Authorities
  • Trading Standards
  • Food Standards Agency
  • Companies House

Phillips can help advise you in relation to such these matters whether as an individual, as the representative of a Limited Company or the Company itself.

Within these types of offences there are matters that require responses to notices received and failure to respond can result in prosecution. It is therefore essential that you seek advice and assistance as soon as you become aware of the agency being involved.

If you have a matter that we may be able to assist with then please contact a member of our criminal defence department who will make arrangements to discuss the matter with you.

To talk to a criminal solicitor, call us (option 3)

Criminal Law Contacts

To email our criminal department either click on any of the team members or click here: